Learning & Teaching Committee
The Learning and Teaching committee reports to the Dean, Faculty of Humanities and Health Sciences with the terms of reference (ToR) of the committee are as follows:
- To implement, monitor, and promote good practice and innovation in relation to the enhancement of the quality of learning and teaching in the Faculty;
- To promote continuing dialogue between staff and students in the development and enhancement of the student learning experience, including the identification and implementation of effective student engagement practice;
- To support the Faculty to meet its quality and compliance obligations in relation to learning and teaching and academic programs;
- To provide advice to Dean of FoHHS on academic policy and quality-related matters of the University to ensure continuing high academic standards;
- To offer guidance regarding the development and implementation of teaching and learning associated policies and procedures;
- To provide opportunities to support innovation and or improvements in learning and teaching quality;
- To promote quality assurance strategies for teaching and learning;
- To promote and support opportunities in scholarship in teaching through mentoring sessions; workshops and pedagogical research;
- To ensure continuous monitoring and review of the implementation and effectiveness of teaching and learning policies, procedures, and practices, which may include audits and other evaluation activities conducted on a regular basis; AND
- To oversee the implementation of academic policies as they relate to the Faculty.
The members of the Learning and Teaching committee
- Esther Tong Yi Zhen
- Angelina Laing
- Serina Ann Doss
- Ngu Ik Ying
Frequency of meetings:
The Faculty learning and teaching committee will meet at least two (2) times throughout the year.
A quorum for a meeting of the committee shall be four (4) members.